114 Vinal Street, Downtown Wittenberg
Save The Dates!!!
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 2023 Quilt Show awards!
- January-February: Art of the Quilter IX, Jan. 21-22, Jan 28-29, and Feb. 4-5 from 11 AM-3 PM.
- February: Dueling Pianos, Friday Feb. 10 from 7 PM-10 PM. $25 tickets (21 & older)
- March: “Murder on the Menu” by
Bill Hand. Dinner Theatre, March 3 & 4, 10 & 11. $45. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Advance tickets only-available at Wittenberg Sentry or by calling 715-253-3525.
Meat Raffle at T & C Lanes Bowling Alley on March 25 starting at 6:00 PM. All proceeds will go towards upgrading WOW's computer system.
- April: Wine, Beer, & Cheese Gala April 14, 7 PM-10 PM $25 in advance from ticketbud.com, at Tavern Front, or from a WOW member. $30 at the door. Spring Art Show- “Artist Free Play” April 15-16, 22-23 and 29-30. (free)
- May-June: Emerging Talent Show (to showcase artwork from area youth), May 27-28, June 3-4, & 10-11 (which is Wittenberg Community Days) 11 AM-3 PM Free! Mural tours on June 10-11.
- June-August: Second Tuesday concerts 6-8 PM in WOW Art Park-June 13: Yata, Sinz, & Orfield; July 11: Mike McAbee; and August 15: The Drovers. Free!
- September: Fall Art Show, Sept. 16-17, 23-24, 30-Oct. 1. 11 AM-3 PM, Free! (Shawano County Miles of Art is scheduled for Oct. 7 at the Gresham Novitiate, W9711 Butternut Rd, Gresham, WI 54128)
- October: Fall Play, Oct. 20-21 and 27-28.
- December: Community Tree Lighting Dec. 1 and Bake Sale/Craft Show Dec. 1-2.
“Emerging Talent IX”, Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays, May 27 ~ June 11, 2023
11 AM – 3 PM, WOWSPACE Gallery
114 Vinal St., Wittenberg, WI
The Walls of Wittenberg is pleased to present its 9th collaboration with the Witt-Birn School District with the Emerging Talents IX Art Show, which will be displaying the original art work of over 100 students, K-12.
During the course of this school year the district’s 3 art teachers, Greg Luedtke, Diana Wendler, and Jamie Wilde, have been selecting several works of art from each section of their art classes, K-12, for exhibition in this show.
On Sunday, June 11th, following the Wittenberg Community Days noon parade, a celebration reception will be held at the WOWSPACE honoring all the exhibiting students. Each participant will receive a Certificate of Merit. Friends and families, along with the public, are encouraged to attend to honor the students and share in the celebration; refreshments will also be served, donated by Lisa’s Sweet Shoppe.
This show is an opportunity to highlight our students’ achievement in the arts; and also allows their talents to be seen beyond their peers, teachers, and parents’ refrigerators! It’s a wonderful way to connect between the students, the school, and the larger community.
This show is sponsored by Walls of Wittenberg, Inc. and The Charitable Foundation.
Don’t miss this show – share in the excitement of the visual arts!
Thank you, artists, for allowing the community to view your amazing artwork!
Thank you to all who purchased raffle tickets for the meat raffle at the bowling alley. We raised over $800 that will be used to upgrade our computer system. Many thanks to T & C Lanes in Wittenberg for giving us this opportunity.
2023 Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre!
The community enjoyed four nights of wonderful dining and top-notch entertainment provided by our local actors! The plated meal was catered by Hidden Valley from Caroline (baked chicken with stuffing or baked fish).
A great time was enjoyed by the sold-out crowd for Dueling Pianos! We have already booked them for next year!
Walls of Wittenberg
“The Art of the Quilter IX – Sew Inspired”
Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
January 21 and 22, January 28 and 29, February 4 and 5, 2023
Quilters, thank you for participating in our 9th open quilt show at the WOWSPACE in Wittenberg, WI. This was a non-juried, non-judged show.
The 2023 show featured:
- 40+ quilts on display
- a featured antique quilt
- a disappearing quilt block display/tutorial
- a selection of gently used quilting books available for a free will offering
Show admission was FREE.
Thank you once again for making this one of the best attended shows at WOW.
Awards - 2023
Art of the Quilter IX– Sew Inspired
4 Awards were presented at the Art of the Quilter IX– Sew Inspired quilt show at the Walls of Wittenberg WOWSPACE. 41 quilts were displayed at the show which ran for 3 weekends. The show included the quilted creations of 22 different quilters from 13 different cities as well as 2 antique quilts.
179 visitors signed the guest book from 39 cities.
Award of Excellence
The Award of Excellence went to Julie Lambert of Weston, WI for her quilt titled Feathered Star. Julie’s quilt featured a difficult star pattern with perfect points, intricate quilting done on a standard sewing machine, a binding flange, and ombre background color. This award recognizes the high level of technical skill and difficulty employed by the quilter. The recipient is chosen by local quilt club quilters with entries in the show.
3 Peoples’ Choice awards were presented based on votes cast by visitors to the show who were asked to vote for the quilt or quilts which appealed to them the most. Each visitor was allowed 3 votes.
1st place went to Cindy Brouillard of Mosinee, WI for Abilene. Cindy used a quilt collage technique that intrigued many to complete her portrait of a cow.
2nd place was awarded to Mary Beth Koeppel of Wittenberg, WI for Big Red. Her quilt featured a large center star surrounded by similar smaller stars in a variety of deep reds.
3rd place was awarded to Chris Malluege of Birnamwood, WI for Pillowcase Whimsy. Her quilt incorporated embroidered vintage pillowcases embellished by intricate free motion quilting.